1.1.14

‹ This 2014 I Will... ›


Oh, new year's resolutions. Most people will create a long list of things they're going to do throughout the new year but who will follow through with these things? I'm going to make a list anyway and I'm going to try my best to stick with at least half of the things listed. 

1. LIVE HAPPY, LIVE HEALTHY
I'm hoping to eat healthier and live healthier to be happy for most of the year. Firstly, that means drinking at least 2L of water a day, which actually isn't too hard to when you're always on the go like me. I've been looking to gain some weight as well so I'm going to eat healthy and do exercise, such as going to the gym to do weight training. Aiming to exercise at least three times a week should be quite manageable, right? Oh and remember sleep? Yeah. Get at least 7 or 8 hours of it.

2. SAVE MORE THAN YOU SPEND
I've always been good at saving money but with a significantly larger amount of money rolling in from my upcoming work term, I'm going to be tempted to spend more. I always aim to save at least half of my earnings which is easily manageable, even with the need to pay for rent and other living costs. 

3. GET COOKING
Cooking my own food saves so much money, even though it takes a bit of time. I've definitely been pinning a bunch of recipes on my Pinterest but if you have any food blog recommendations, let me know so I can discover more delicious recipes to play around with.

4. GET YOURSELF TOGETHER
Things got a little out of control during my first term of uni and I struggled a bit with my organization skills and time management. With the stress of school, I kind of fell apart and I need to get myself back on track to be ready for whatever comes next in life. 

5. LEARN TO LOVE
I want to appreciate the little things in life more. I need to learn to love the people and things around me while I can.

6. TAKE A RISK
Try something new each day and learn from the experiences. I love following a strict routine so when things are a little different, I freak out a little. I need to learn that that's okay and that it's a good thing to say yes to something new that I may not be entirely comfortable with as long as it is safe.

What are some of your goals for 2014? 

25 comments:

  1. Take a risk, I love that one, I think everyone needs to start doing that more within reason. I have been saying Yes a lot more often recently and I feel so much better for it!

    Cornelia - Ineffable Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited to start trying out new things!
      xx

      Delete
  2. What lovely resolutions, I think Learn to Love and Take a Risk are my favourites, I think I need to take a leaf out of your book on those!
    Thanks so much for sending me your link, you have a new follower!

    Chloe xx

    Chloe's Way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following!
      Happy new year! :)
      xx

      Delete
  3. Lovely list goals! I will also be trying to say 'yes' more..mostly to things that I'd usually push away. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are lovely goals to aim for, I'm sure you will achieve them :) Happy New Year Celina!
    Amy x A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Happy New Year to you too, Amy!
      xx

      Delete
  5. Happy New Year! I'm your new follower, would you follow back?:)

    http://www.beautybellenotes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following and happy new year to you too!
      I'll definitely take a look!
      xx

      Delete
  6. Congrats on hitting 200! Way to start the New Year! I just hit 200 myself *woot woot*
    I hope your goals are met this year!

    E | Beauty/Skincare | Cocoamourr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you! Congrats to you too! Haha no kidding; what a way to kick off the new year!
      xx

      Delete
  7. Beautiful resolutions :) All the best to the new year!

    -Stephy
    http://dearstephiiie.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you achieve your goals this year and what a cute necklace.

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The necklace is by Dogeared. They have many adorable little necklaces!
      xx

      Delete
  9. For the past couple of years I keep saying I want to get my drivers license too and it never materialises but I would really like to stick to that this year. As well as saying yes more this year.
    I also would like to treat myself more in 2014 - my bank balance is already having a problem with this one hehe.
    Happy New Year and hope 2014 is a great year for you!
    You've also got a new follower in me - glad I stumbled across your blog.

    http://ellistuesday.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with your goals! Hope 2014 is a great year for you too!
      Honestly, driving can be scary but I overcame that fear and I'm getting pretty good at it now. I think the key is to practice a lot, and take things slow. I drove around an empty parking lot when I first started out and slowly worked my way out onto the bigger roads. It takes time to build confidence but once you get there, it'll be fine!
      Thanks for following, by the way! I really appreciate it!
      xx

      Delete
  10. Great resolutions! I'm with you on the "save more than you spend" resolution. I'm a shopaholic, so this is always hard for me! haha. Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm always so tempted to buy everything but I have pretty good self control. Now I just need to keep having that self control. :)
      xx

      Delete
  11. I'm such a shopoholic, I really need to stop spending!

    Happy New Year!

    Beth | BethBlogsBeauty
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all about the self control haha. It takes time but I'm confident that you can get there if you try!
      xx

      Delete
  12. Good resolutions! I also want to start cooking :) Great post!

    -Marie xx

    marieaimelavie.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've just discovered your blog and I love it, this post is super inspiring so thank you! New follower xox

    Eliza
    www.beautifullyshallow.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your attitude towards saving! It seems like a great idea, I'll try it out myself.

    X Suzy
    http://suzysbeautydairy.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

I take the time to read all of your comments so please leave a comment!
Thank you for stopping by and if you like, please follow my blog.
I appreciate it! :)

I try to reply to comments as soon as I can, but for a faster reply, tweet me at @thecelution!

Have a lovely day! xx