16.6.14

‹ The Latest Additions ›


Spending bans are hard but it doesn't mean you can't purchase anything. Once a week or so, I still like to treat myself to something on my shopping list within reason. 

I stocked up on some Venus razors off Feel Unique and to qualify for free shipping on that order, I picked up the Korres Lip Butter Stick with SPF15 in Rose. I was hoping to try the Pixi offering but the shade I was interested in, Ripe Raspberry, was out of stock. I have always enjoyed using the Korres Lip Butters but I haven't tried the stick form of them. With SPF 15, I figured this would make a good summer lip product that offers sun protection, sheer colour, and moisture.

Another great everyday lip product that has made it into my collection is the Bite Beauty Luminous Crème Lipstick in Fig. Described as a nude rose shade, I find this shade to be a brightening yet natural lip colour that will be perfect for any time of the year. It is more of a daytime shade for me, but it still works with evening looks. It is comfortable to wear and the packaging is lovely as well. For a bold pop of colour though, I picked up the Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick in Muse. I tried it on in Sephora yesterday and after running around the store for at least an hour swatching other bright shades, I received too many compliments to give up this coral red shade, despite the hefty price tag. It is that little bit more pink-toned compared to NARS Red Square and that little bit more orange than Bite Beauty Corvina. It is incredibly long lasting and has a fairly matte finish without being drying. 

I will admit that I have enough blushes but as a blush addict, I couldn't keep the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Luminous Flush out of my collection much longer. This champagne rose shade is the perfect addition to my collection, especially for the upcoming summer. The powder is so soft and fine, and the pigmentation is fantastic. It isn't visibly shimmery so it gives a healthy glow on the cheeks. I hope this isn't the start of a Hourglass addiction!

Lastly, one of the most exciting recent purchases for me. I finally purchased the GHD Classic 1 Inch Styler after months of hesitation. With a 10% off coupon card from reaching VIB status at Sephora, I made the purchase and I am so glad I did. It quickly straightens my hair and also works great for curls and waves, though I am still trying to get the hang of the techniques. If you're thinking of getting one, get it. It is worth it. 

What have you purchased recently?

12 comments:

  1. I love GHD's, they're the only straighteners that seem to straighten my hair properly. That Hourglass Blush looks like such a gorgeous colour x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
  2. That hourglass blush looks gorgeous, the swirl of gold and pink looks so appealing!

    Hannah xo | hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually adore the pixi Shea Butter Lip Balms - I managed to find Ripe Raspberry in stores and I absolutely love it. I think it lasts quite nicely for a lip balm type of product. But Korres lip butters are quite lovely too. And I love bite beauty lippies too - I have their High Pigment Pencil in Chablis and it's so nice.
    Recently, I bought the Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage and so far I really like it! :)

    x
    bespectacled

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaah, you got the Korres lip butter stick! I hope you like it as much as I do :)

    Catherine, xo // Lady Liquor & Femme et Vie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got the Hourglass opaque rouge in Muse and I really didn't like it, I hope you have more luck with it. That Hourglass is a beaut shade though.

    Beth @ BethBlogsBeauty
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear, randomly found your blog and I’d like to say that you have amazing design, beautiful photos and interesting posts! I’m also impressed by your style! Everything is magnificent!

    would you like to follow each other?

    will be happy to see you in my blog)

    www.dianacloudlet.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That hourglass blush....why oh why must you tempt me so!?

    http://www.chelsealeigh.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore this Korres lip butter! I hope you like it as much as I do :) x


    Megan / pixiecrop.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am obsessed with Korres products, but I haven't tried any of their lip products and so many people have recommended them!

    Rebekah from Rebekah Hannah Beauty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. that blush is gorgeous, you can never have too many blushes! xx

    mollyox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful buys, the two Hourglass products are just to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So jealous of both your Hourglass products!! I've been delaying myself from buying these as well but I don't think I can for much longer either! They're both so gorgeous! I haven't purchased anything too fancy lately but I think that's all about to change very very soon hehe

    Chantalle x
    ceceandgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I take the time to read all of your comments so please leave a comment!
Thank you for stopping by and if you like, please follow my blog.
I appreciate it! :)

I try to reply to comments as soon as I can, but for a faster reply, tweet me at @thecelution!

Have a lovely day! xx