11.6.14

‹ Shop The Stash #2 ›


I have been cleaning up my collection recently and I came across several items that need a little more love.

Although summer is coming up I'm still reaching for light shades, especially on the nails. Essie Lilacism is a lovely light purple shade that I will admit I have been ignoring since the introduction of Essie Absolutely Shore and OPI Samoan Sand. It isn't a shade for the toes for me but definitely on the fingers for a pastel manicure.

On the eyes, I need to pull out the Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in R.S.V.P. for that shimmery pink base. I don't use this product often because it does tend to crease on my lids but fortunately it's fine using the sandwiching technique (primer, cream shadow, then powder). I will probably be layering shades like Urban Decay Sin or MAC All That Glitters. Speaking of powder eyeshadows, I definitely need to use the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette more often. All the shades are absolutely lovely but sometimes I struggle to find the right combination. Lisa Eldridge used Foxy and Snakebite in her video here but I'd love to hear if you have suggestions for me.

For a more glowy look, the MAC Mineralized Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle is always the highlighter I reach for but I haven't reached for a highlight in a long time. My daily makeup look just doesn't include highlighter so hopefully I remember to reach for it a little more often.

Lastly, I have had LUSH Buffy sitting in my container of LUSH products for a while now and I haven't had the chance to use it yet as I have been working through other scrubs. It smells quite lovely and is suppose to be quite moisturizing so I am excited to give it a go.

What products are you rediscovering in your collection?

8 comments:

  1. I need to take a look at my makeup collection and dig out a few bits! I think I even have that cream eyeshadow!


    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the original Naked palette and have hardly used it! Its so much of an effort to use these mega palettes!

    Laura Mercier Custom Artist Portfolio Review | TheConscienceFund | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these products! I don't own the Naked 2 palette, but I always see my friend wearing Half Baked on the lid with Snakebite in the crease and it looks gorgeous!


    Swatching Oddity | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really do need to use my Naked palettes more! Soft and Gentle is just such a gorge highlighter

    Stacey Expat Make-Up Addict xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting Soft & Gentle for so long! May have to finally get it :)

    http://www.chelsealeigh.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I have that Benefit cream shadow, but I never think to use it! xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Naked 2 Palette is so versatile, I'm using mine a lot recently :)

    ReplyDelete

I take the time to read all of your comments so please leave a comment!
Thank you for stopping by and if you like, please follow my blog.
I appreciate it! :)

I try to reply to comments as soon as I can, but for a faster reply, tweet me at @thecelution!

Have a lovely day! xx