9.6.14

‹ What Are In My MAC Quads? ›


Like many girls, I went through a MAC addiction phase. During that phase, I impulsively purchased an empty fifteen-pan palette thinking I would easily fill all the slots with beautiful, buttery MAC eyeshadows. Five shadows in, the purchases slowed to a stop until recently, and that is when I decided that it was time to switch to quads.

The first quad holds the lighter shades of my collection. In the top left corner lives Ricepaper, a slightly shimmery peachy gold shade with a frost finish. This shade is quite close to my skin tone so it acts as a lovely natural base. It is great paired with the bottom left shade, Soba, in the crease. This gold brown shade is a satin finish shadow that works to finish off a great everyday look with Ricepaper. In the top right corner is All That Glitters, a beige shade with gold shimmers in it. This is a veluxe pearl finish eyeshadow that gives the lids a beautiful finish for daytime wear. For both daytime and nighttime wear, I nominate Patina, my all time favourite eyeshadow. This taupe brown with golden shimmer is a frost finish that is suitable for daytime wear on its own or a base for an evening look when blended in with darker shadows.



The second quad is reserved for the darker shades. The first to earn a spot in the quad was Woodwinked, located in the bottom left corner. Described as a warm antique gold shade, this veluxe pearl eyeshadow is a great one sweep wonder. When I apply it all over the lids and blend out the edges this eyeshadow gives the perfect amount of dimension to the eyes, appropriate for both daytime and nighttime wear. Another one sweep wonder is the top left shade, Satin Taupe. This frost finish taupe with silver shimmer is a little different for me as I tend to reach for more golden brown shades but it is a nice change. Lastly in the bottom left corner is Espresso, a matte muted golden brown. It works beautiful for my brows, in the crease, and a subtle eyeliner.

I need on more shade to fill up my second quad and I'm thinking Copperplate as I imagine it would look nice in the crease with Satin Taupe all over the lids but if you have other recommendations, please do let me know. What MAC eyeshadows do you own?

8 comments:

  1. I have two 15 pan palettes, one thats pre made and one I selected myself and I love them both! I think you would like naked lunch from MAC!


    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sable should DEFINITELY fill that spot, it's my absolute fave shadow from Mac-so versatile-great over the lid or in the crease

    Stacey Expat Make-Up Addict xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be buying a bunch of MAC eyeshadows soon and thought about if I should get a huge palette or quads. But due to the fact that I love to carry my used eyeshadows with me I will buy quads - just like you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's a lot of MAC eyeshadows! I'll definitely check out Naked Lunch. I've heard a lot about it but I haven't tried it out yet. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to check it out! I've seen it before and found it a little too red-toned but maybe I'll see if I can try it out first. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's more affordable in the end to get the 15 pan palette but the quads are way more travel friendly. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I only ever reach for neutral shades so these are all perfect for me! You have to try out some of these shades! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohh, glad you posted this! i'm heading to the states in a few months and i'm going to be buying a lot of beauty products including some MAC shadows since i don't have too many yet. not sure if i should go for the 15 pan palette as i probably won't buy many when i'm back home so i might just get a quad (or maybe two) and see how i go. but thanks for the colour recommendations too, it's good to know what a lot of beauty bloggers have on hand cause they tend to have a lot of the same shades.

    little henry lee

    ReplyDelete

I take the time to read all of your comments so please leave a comment!
Thank you for stopping by and if you like, please follow my blog.
I appreciate it! :)

I try to reply to comments as soon as I can, but for a faster reply, tweet me at @thecelution!

Have a lovely day! xx